May 8, 2008

For Beautiful Bones


On my visit to Familia Bencomo blog the other day, I have found out about Susan from Food Blogga, and she’s got a great blog with awesome recipes, accompanied with mouthwatering photos, and great posts!

I read her post about osteoporosis, and I was amazed to find out that age has nothing to do with osteoporosis. Unfortunately Susan is one of those young women who struggle with osteoporosis.
She has decided to host a food blogging event to promote osteoporosis awareness, and since May is National Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month, it is perfect timing as well.

To find out more about Osteoporosis, the disease of fragile and more likely to break bones, and for great resources, just go to National Osteoporosis Foundation website.

For Susan’s Beautiful Bones: An Osteoporosis Food Event, I have decided to share a cup of coffee with all of you! I can’t imagine starting my day with out that morning cup of coffee, and why not drink one that helps take care of your bones?!: )

Nescafe Late

1 ½ Tbsp of Nescafe Classic Instant Coffee
4 Tbsp of cold milk
2 Tbsp of sugar (or as much as you like)
(that's how much of those ingredients I use;
you adjust it to your own taste, as I do like it strong)

Mix with a hand mixer until frothy, transfer to a coffee cup, then add
1 cup boiling milk, wait a few seconds, and then burden it with tons of whipped cream: ))))))
Sprinkle with chocolate shavings (optional--- yeah, right! *hahaha*), and enjoy!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks so good! I mean it would just hit the spot for my morning slump!

Melita said...

Hey there noble pig! Nice to see you back!:)
I know, I love this coffee: I do make it strong though!

Having to deal with an 8, and a 6 year old in the AM requires a ton of caffeine! :)))

Marija said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Medena! You are so wonderful to mention me. Susan's blog is great, isn't it?!?! I love this rich, creamy coffee (with chocolates on the side!). I have an 8 & 5 year old - coffee is my best friend who greats me with a smile every morning.

xoxox Amy

Deeba PAB said...

Just my kinda drink Medena...thanks for stopping by so I could get here! Am glad our paths crossed thanks to Amy. I love coffee & I love it STRONG!! This late is a dream!! YUM

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

just got two words for it! Love it!! It looks so good that i wouldn't even bother thinking a second time about drinking it!

Melita said...

Thank you all for your nice words!

Nic said...

Hi Medena!
I love a good latte and this is the business (as we say over here!)
Great entry and beautiful photo.

KT said...

That cup of coffee looks delish. First time viewing your blog, very refreshing.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Hi Medena!

I'm so happy you dropped my blog and decided to participate. (Thanks to dear Amy too.)I could go for a piping hot mug of your rich and creamy Nescafe late right about now. It's cloudy and in the low 60's (translation in Southern California--FREEZING!).

Cheers,
Susan

Shelby said...

Oh, I would drink that morning, noon, or night! :-p

Anonymous said...

medena, that looks absolutely yummy!! the cream on top is lush..i never have cream in any of my drinks or full fat milk for that matter. but that?? gimme gimme.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS